Introduction to Road Transport Operations
This three day course is designed for transport clerks, supervisors and first line managers with no formal transport training. It details the fundamentals of road transport legislation, as well as work-related road safety, workplace transport safety, road traffic regulations, accident procedures and competency standards required by transport professionals.
For those who fleet managers and supervisors that do not need the CPC qualification, this course counts as one of the Recognised Prior Learning entry routes to Level 3 Certificate/Diploma in Commercial Vehicle Fleet Manager Qualification (CVFMQ).
Who should attend?
- Those who are committing to their professional development as a transport professional to enhance skills and knowledge to progress in their transport career
- Restricted licence holders and transport professionals who do not require CPC holder status, but want to gain transport legislation knowledge to the latest standards
- Transport professionals in preparation for Level 3 Transport Manager CPC or entry route to Level 3 CVFMQ
Benefits of attending:
- Promotes the confidence of front line staff by providing a basic understanding of relevant transport legislation
- Tackles a long-standing skills gap between qualified transport managers and DCPC level
- Provides the information and tools to ensure compliance with current developments in road transport legislation
- Provides peace of mind that you are operating legally in compliance with the latest guidance from Traffic Commissioners
- Offers the opportunity to network with other industry professionals, sharing ideas and best practice
- Operator licensing system requirements
- Operator Compliance Risk Score (OCRS) and enforcement issues
- Drivers’ hours and working time and record keeping
- Vehicle maintenance systems and driver defect reporting
- Driver CPC and driver licensing
- Vehicle and workplace transport safety in road haulage
- Technical standards of haulage operations
- National and international haulage operations
- Rules surrounding the movement of goods
- Road safety
- Business and financial management
Maximum 16 delegates
A certificate of attendance is issued following course completion, which provides tangible evidence that attendees have taken positive steps to demonstrate their professionalism and continued development. The course also offers an opportunity to network with other transport professionals.
Booking and information
This course is also available as an in-company option. For more information please email email@example.com or call 03717 11 22 22
£547 Excluding VAT
£683.75 Excluding VAT