What is FTA doing?
The Brexit vote will have massive consequences for FTA members across the supply chain and we are already working with the Department for Transport on the key issues. But for the time being it is important to emphasise that nothing will change until the two-year ‘Article 50’ withdrawal procedure, which is yet to be activated, is completed. In the meantime, the UK is still a member of the EU and all the current rules (and penalties) continue to apply.
FTA understands that its members will be looking to it to provide support, through information and campaigning, so that they can understand what leaving the EU will mean for their businesses. We will also ensure that those negotiating on our behalf are fully briefed on the outcomes sought by freight and logistics.
Members of FTA can keep abreast of the latest developments and be part of the debate through access to:
- Guidance on the implications of Brexit
- FAQs on Brexit and UK logistics
- Updates, breaking news and analysis
- Freight & Logistics magazine
- FTA’s website
- Policy team in the UK and Brussels briefing the negotiators
- Freight Councils featuring regular updates and discussion opportunities to decide FTA policy
- Events and webinars