How we represent you
How does FTA represent my company's best interests?
Ever since 1889 we've been representing the needs and views of the logistics industry at local and national level. We now also represent the British transport industry at European level.
So whether it's educating Government ministers about the importance of freight, influencing transport legislation or raising the profile of freight in the national press, we're committed to representing your best interests.
What successes has FTA achieved for its members?
Here are a few recent successes FTA has achieved for the logistics industry:
- stopped planned fuel duty rate increases and secured a duty freeze until 2015
- secured the introduction of the HGV Road User Levy
- ensured that global regulatory authorities properly scrutinised the planned P3 Agreement in international shipping
- persuaded EU legislators to continue to allow the operation of trailers over 4m height
What does FTA campaign on?
We campaign on issues that are important to you, such as highlighting the impact of Government taxes on struggling businesses, or educating road users about safely interacting with heavy goods vehicles.
How can I get my views on the industry heard?
We hold Freight Councils which are your opportunity to get involved in future policy decision-making. These democratic meetings are held quarterly in 12 regions throughout the UK and are your chance to:
- influence FTA's policy agenda to address your company's needs
- learn about upcoming Government business opportunities and threats
- network with other FTA members
How can I find out more information?
For more information on FTA campaigns and how we represent our members, contact a member of media team.