This course is designed to encourage a positive workplace safety culture, concentrating on high risk activities.
Benefits of attending
- Highlights responsibilities covered by all aspects of health and safety legislation
- Offers clear advice on industry best practice
- Increased understanding of workplace transport safety obligations
- Safer work environment
- Employer and employee duties under UK and EU legislation
- Various health and safety workplace legislation including: Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), manual handling, working at height and Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR) etc
- Industry recognised codes of practice
- Accident causes, consequences and prevention
- Risk assessments and the requirement for safe systems of work
- Workplace transport issues including:
– pre-drive checks
– getting in/out of the vehicle
– safe parking
– coupling and uncoupling
– loading and unloading
- Causes of work related road accidents, methods of reducing risk and actions to take in an emergency
- The powers of enforcement authorities
Course available to Consortium members.
1 day (7 hours excluding lunch and breaks).
Maximum 20 delegates depending on facilities.
7 hours upload time is recorded on the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency database for Driver CPC for this course.
Booking and information
This course is also available as an in-company option. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03717 11 22 22.
£78.25 Excluding VAT
£97.81 Excluding VAT
The price includes the Driving Standards Agency (DSA) upload fee of currently £8.75 per seven hour block (may be subject to change at the discretion of DSA).