Emergency First Aid at Work
This course is designed to provide professional drivers with the skills and confidence to administer first aid in emergency situations while on the road. Drivers attending this course will also receive a three year Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) certificate issued by the Association of First Aiders (AoFA). The dual certification is subject to passing a practical and a written assessment.
Benefits of attending
- First aid saves lives and this course will impart the required knowledge and practical skills necessary to respond to any given situation immediately, effectively and with confidence.
- Increased driver safety awareness, thus reducing the risk of accidents
- Introduces the contents and proper use of a first aid kit
- Imparts critical knowledge and enables delegates to effectively manage an emergency situation without fear or confusion
- Driver’s first aid kit
- contents and use
- methods of avoiding cross infection
- Record keeping (incidents and accidents)
- Assessing the scene in order to react safely and effectively to emergency situations
- Administering first aid to casualties who:
- are unconscious
- need to be placed into the recovery position
- are wounded or bleeding
- have possible fractures
- are choking
- are suffering from shock
- have sustained scalds and burns
- require Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- have potentially been effected by toxins including the treatment for anaphylactic shock
- have other conditions requiring treatment
1 day (7 hours excluding lunch and breaks).
Maximum 12 delegates depending on facilities.
7 hours upload is recorded on the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency database for Driver CPC for this course.
£78.25 Excluding VAT
£97.81 Excluding VAT