This course is designed to follow the principles of the industry recognised Good Lorry Code thus demonstrating a commitment to the best safety, operational and environmental standards possible.
Benefits of attending
- Ensures legal, safety and environmental obligations are met and encourages drivers to follow best practice as well as compliance standards
- Increased competence with defensive driving techniques and all weather driving
- Drivers will become more aware of how their actions can improve their general wellbeing, incident rates and vehicle downtime as well as fuel consumption and environmental emissions
- Overall, gain a greater knowledge of transport law to help protect the business and others using recognised industry codes of practice
- Getting to work
- Fitness to drive:
-- drugs, alcohol, fatigue, stress, diet
- Ready to drive?
-- working at height and manual handling
- Types of transport operation:
-- vehicle component parts
-- vehicles checks
- Overview of load security and load position
- Load documentation
- Driver competencies incorporating principles of safe and fuel efficient driving:
–– defensive driving techniques
–– all weather driving
–– fuel efficient driving
1 day (7 hours excluding lunch and breaks).
Maximum 20 delegates depending on facilities.
7 hours upload time is recorded on the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency database for Driver CPC for this course.
Booking and information
This course is also available as an in-company option. For more information please email email@example.com or call 03717 11 22 22.
£78.25 Excluding VAT
£97.81 Excluding VAT
The price includes the Driving Standards Agency (DSA) upload fee of currently £8.75 per seven hour block (may be subject to change at the discretion of DVSA).