Dangerous Goods Awareness
Persons employed by vehicle operators whose duties concern the carriage of dangerous goods by road are required to receive training appropriate to their responsibilities. This course is designed to assist in the provision of function specific safety training and should be refreshed periodically to demonstrate compliance.
Who should attend?
- Anyone (other than those in scope of ADR) involved in the carriage of dangerous goods, either directly or indirectly (example roles may be: pickers, packers, loaders, warehouse operatives, supervisors, consignees)
- Those who are committing to their continued development as a transport professional
Benefits of attending
- Up-to-date knowledge and notification of future developments in dangerous goods legislation
- Peace of mind that you are satisfying your statutory responsibilities
- Road, rail, sea and air regulations
- General principles of classifications and identification:
– hazard classes
– UN numbers
- Product containment:
– packages and gas cylinders
– IBCs and large packages
– portable tanks and tankers
– marking and labelling
- Despatch and documentation procedures
- Vehicle, driver and transport equipment
- UK and EU tunnels
Maximum 16 delegates depending on facilities.
Price includes course materials, certification, lunch and refreshments.
Courses available on any of the UK islands, please contact us for details.
Train-the-Trainer and specialist classes (1 and 7) available on request.
Booking and information