Yard Shunter - Train the Trainer
This course enables candidates to train internal employees in the skills of yard shunting. It can prove an extremely cost effective way of cascading training through a company and improving safety around the premises. This course is designed to provide the necessary information for those responsible for training others in manoeuvring HGVs around company premises and other ‘off-road’ parking areas (ie closed to the public). Candidates should already be experienced in yard shunting operations.
Who should attend?
- Lead drivers responsible for training shunting staff
- Those responsible for raising and maintaining driving standards across a team of professional drivers
Benefits of attending
- Improved awareness of risks unique to depot environments
- Increased safety by understanding the correct coupling/uncoupling procedures
Provides instruction on how to give training in the following.
- Vehicle familiarisation and pre-use inspections
- Correct coupling and uncoupling of articulated/drawbar combinations (to be stated at the time of booking)
- Hand signals to be used for assisting other drivers to manoeuvre vehicles
- Practice manoeuvring the vehicles onto loading bays or parking areas
- Safe parking procedures
- Health and safety
The vehicle provided must meet the required standards in respect of PUWER: it should be suitable for the intended purpose and adequately maintained to ensure safety. Delegates on this course need to hold the category of licence for the type of vehicle they are to ultimately provide training in.
Maximum 4 delegates
Price includes tuition, course handouts and certification. It also includes all presentation materials required to cascade training throughout own organisation. This price includes the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) upload fee of currently £8.75 per seven hour block
(subject to change at the discretion of DVSA).
Booking and information
This course is only available on an in-company basis.
For more information please email email@example.com or call 03717 11 22 22.