This course is developed to provide drivers with training on techniques required to safely move heavy goods vehicles around a company’s premises and other off-road parking areas (ie closed to the public). Delegates are taught best practice skills to ensure the safety of yard personnel and prevent damage to vehicles and property in the immediate vicinity.
Who should attend?
- Shunting staff
- Those responsible for raising and maintaining driving standards across a team of professional drivers
Benefits of attending
- Improved awareness of risks unique to depot environments
- Increased safety by understanding the correct coupling/uncoupling procedures
- Vehicle familiarisation and pre-use inspections
- Correct coupling and uncoupling of articulated/drawbar combinations
- Hand signals to be used for assisting drivers in manoeuvring vehicles
- Practice manoeuvring the vehicles onto loading bays or parking areas
- Safe parking procedures
- Health and safety
Delegates on this course must at least hold a category B driving licence.
The vehicle provided must meet the required standards in respect of PUWER: it should be suitable for the intended purpose and adequately maintained to ensure safety.
1–4 days dependent on type of vehicle, delegate numbers and experience. This will be advised by FTA at the time of booking.
Maximum 4 delegates
Members £749+VAT per day
Non-members £936.25+VAT per day
Price includes tuition, course handouts and certification.
Booking and information
This course is only available on an in-company basis. For more information please email email@example.com or call 03717 11 22 22.