HGV Driver Assessor Certificate
This course focuses on the practical aspects of driver assessment and corrective training and can prove an extremely cost-effective way of providing training throughout a company. Subsequent in-house training ensures drivers are taught about driving safely and responsibly, with consideration of their fuel economy and other road users. The course will train candidates to carry out driving assessments and provide corrective training for HGV drivers. Delegates who successfully complete the course will be certified by FTA for four years.
Who should attend?
- Those responsible for raising and maintaining driving standards across a team of professional drivers
- Lead drivers, driver trainers and assessors who wish to validate their skills by attaining industry-leading accreditation
- Aspiring driver assessors
Benefits of attending
- Demonstrable safety and environmental benefits
- Train The Trainer format is a cost-effective way to cascade training across a driving team
- Identification of unsafe and inefficient driving practices in order to develop driver-centred remedial actions
- An increased understanding of the technical and psychological aspects of driver assessment
- Assessors will be better equipped to provide positive/constructive feedback to drivers
- Licence, eyesight and vehicle checks
- Assessment routes
- An awareness of driving assessment reports
- How to mark assessments
- Practical driving techniques
- Commentary driving
- Instructional techniques
- Dealing with negative driver skills and behaviours
- Communicating safety performance and implementing improvements
- Safe driving
- Fuel efficient driving
Each delegate will receive an assessment report, a copy of the DVSA Guide to Driving Goods Vehicles and a current copy of the Highway Code.
Course duration and price
4 days. 1 delegate
5 days. 2 delegates
Price includes tuition, course handouts and certification. Up to 28 hours Driver CPC is available for the 5 day course/21 hours for the 4 day course. Price: £8.75 per day.
Booking and information
This course is only available on an in-company basis. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03717 11 22 22.