Driver Walk Around and Defect Assessment
This course ensures that drivers fully understand their responsibilities when carrying out walk around checks. It also helps delegates to identify defects, to ensure operator compliance and prevent possible prohibitions and on-the-spot fines. Aimed primarily at drivers and supervisors, this course outlines the importance of conducting regular vehicle checks.
Who should attend?
- Drivers and supervisors
- Those responsible for raising and maintaining transport compliance standards across a team of professional drivers
Benefits of attending
- Reduced likelihood of road-side prohibition or prosecution
- Greater awareness of the impact that not checking a vehicle can have on the driver, organisation and the general public
- Delegates will gain an understanding of where to go to find the right additional guidance on prohibitions and enforcement sanctions
- Why and how to conduct a walk around check on a vehicle
- Vehicle performance is monitored throughout the working day
- Potential defects and promptly reporting in writing
- Legal requirements with regard to walk around checks
- The procedure for carrying out checks
- Components to be checked
- Completing defect reports
- The powers of enforcement and the consequences of non-compliance
The vehicle provided should be suitable for the intended purpose and adequately maintained to ensure safety. A safe area of the yard or warehouse should be designated for the training.
Maximum 10 delegates
Price includes tuition, course handouts and certification.
Booking and information
This course is only available on an in-company basis. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03717 11 22 22.