HGV Categorisation of Defects
This course is designed to equip and develop vehicle inspection technicians, workshop supervisors and engineering managers with the relevant information and skills to make informed decisions on vehicle defects.
Who should attend?
- Workshop supervisory and vehicle maintenance staff responsible for preventative maintenance safety inspections (PMI) or annual test preparation. The course focuses on the importance of maintaining vehicles and the responsibilities of the operator and inspectors alike.
Benefits of attending
- In attending the course the candidate will have increased knowledge of vehicle legislation giving the candidate the required skills to correctly assess vehicle defects, boost confidence and thus allow informed decisions on vehicle downtime and availability to lessen the risk of noncompliance.
- Brief overview of operator licensing
- Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) and enforcement
- PG9 – paperwork associated with enforcement
- Categorisation of defects – immediate, delayed and inspection notice defects
- Decision making on vehicle serviceability
Maximum 8 to 10 delegates
Price on application
Booking and information
Price on application. This course is usually only available as an in-company option. However, we occasionally run public courses if demand is high enough. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03717 11 22 22.