Right to Work Checks
Why are Right to Work Checks required?
As an employer, you have a duty under the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 to ensure that your employees have a right to work in the UK before you employ them. Failure to comply with this legislation will leave you liable for paying heavy fines.
If you ensure these document checks are carried out effectively you will have a legal excuse, known as a statutory excuse, against payment of a fine. To ensure you have an excuse there are three things to remember.
- Correct checks on acceptable documents must be carried out before a person starts working
- If a person has a time limit on their right to work, you will only keep your excuse if you carry out repeat document checks at least once every 12 months
- If a person has a restriction on the type of work they can do and, or, the amount of hours they can work for you, then you should make sure that you do not employ them in breach of these work conditions
- Simple submission process with results returned to you within 24 hours
- Easy access to the reporting portal via our online web link
- A comprehensive PDF report which details the checks undertaken and presents a copy of all document images providing you with a time and date stamped audit trail of the right to work check
- Peace of mind that your documents are correct for the job that the individual is employed for or is applying for
How can FTA help?
Right to Work Checks are available as a stand-alone service or in addition to our Driver Licence Checking Servicepackages.
For more information please complete our online form or call us on 03717 11 22 22