About FTA Freight Councils
What are the FTA Freight Councils?
Freight Councils are democratic meetings for FTA members that give those in the logistics industry the chance to:
- learn about policies being proposed by UK, regional and local government and their agencies and their implications for logistics operations – aimed at helping future-proof your operation
- help decide FTA’s response to proposals – ensuring the needs of your company are taken into consideration in what we say
- network with your peers in the industry
January 2017 meetings
During the January 2017 meetings, Freight Council members will discuss:
- self-employed and agency workers in logistics - questions over their role and legitimacy
- a Government concept for an additional levy on van MOTs
- a code of practice being planned to allow HGV drivers access to washroom facilities at distribution centres
- Government plans on restrictions on lorries and vans in cities, for air quality purposes
Meetings will be held at the following locations:Tunbridge Wells, Barnsley, central London, Durham, Newbury, Glasgow, Exeter, Cardiff, Belfast, Wigan, Newmarket, Coventry and Nottingham. All Councils except Greater London and South East will be accompanied by a Free Regional Member Briefing.
Please note the addition of the South Central Council Freight Council in Newbury. This new Council covers Hampshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire. South East now covers only Kent, Surrey and East and West Sussex. Cumbria is now incorporated into the revised North of England Council along with the previous North East area.
Any FTA member can attend any of our regional Freight Councils – if you usually attend one and cannot make the date please feel free to register at another.
The next round of meetings will take place in March and April 2017 (further details will be available shortly); meetings are free for members to participate in.
If you are an FTA member and would like see exact dates and venues for future meetings please visit the members' council homepage, and to request to attend any meeting please contact Tracy Seager at email@example.com or telephone 01892 55 22 85.
If you are not an FTA member but are interested to know more, please contact our Member Service Centre on 03717 11 22 22* or email firstname.lastname@example.org.