About FTA Freight Councils
What are the FTA Freight Councils?
Freight Councils are democratic meetings for FTA members that give those in the logistics industry the chance to:
- learn about policies being proposed by UK, regional and local government and their agencies and their implications for logistics operations – aimed at helping future-proof your operation
- help decide FTA’s response to proposals – ensuring the needs of your company are taken into consideration in what we say
- network with your peers in the industry
March 2017 meetings
During the March 2017 meetings, Freight Council members will be discussing:
- a code of practice being planned to allow HGV drivers access to washroom facilities at distribution centres
- Government plans on restrictions on lorries and vans in cities, for air quality purposes
- the latest developments with Earned Recognition
- emerging details of the new Direct Vision Standard for HGVs in London and their implications
- the latest news on the Government's plans for Brexit and how they will affect logistics
Meetings are held at the following locations:Tunbridge Wells, Barnsley, central London, Durham, Newbury, Glasgow, Exeter, Cardiff, Belfast, Wigan, Newmarket, Coventry and Nottingham.
The new South Central Council Freight Council in Newbury had its first, successful meeting in January. This new Council covers Hampshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire. South East now covers only Kent, Surrey and East and West Sussex. Cumbria is now incorporated into the revised North of England Council along with the previous North East area.
Any FTA member can attend any of our regional Freight Councils – if you usually attend one and cannot make the date please feel free to register at another.
The next round of meetings will take place in June 2017 (further details will be available shortly); meetings are free for members to participate in.
If you are an FTA member and would like see exact dates and venues for future meetings please visit the members' council homepage, and to request to attend any meeting please contact Tracy Seager at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01892 55 22 85.
If you are not an FTA member but are interested to know more, please contact our Member Service Centre on 03717 11 22 22* or email email@example.com.