Benefits of FTA membership
Our membership packages provide you with the tools to keep your operation safe, efficient and compliant. As an FTA member, we also champion your best interests when it comes to new transport policies and key issues.
You’ll find FTA membership benefits you in the following ways.
- Saves you time
- Saves you money
- Increases your operation’s efficiency
- Gives you peace of mind
- Keeps you informed of the latest industry developments
What information services will I receive?
In order to save you time, money and effort we offer the following information services to FTA members.
- Member Advice Centre - free telephone service offering expert guidance on legal and operational issues
- Yearbook of Road Transport Law - an essential guide to all aspects of road transport legislation
- Freight magazine - our monthly publication detailing current issues affecting the industry
- Free member briefings - keeping you up to date on legislative and compliance changes
- E-communications - take part in online discussions, get email news updates and access web-only services
- Compliance guides - advice on keeping your business legal and in line with industry best practice
- FTA Recovery - 'pay as you go' vehicle recovery service operated by the AA
- Freight Councils - open to all members to have your say and make a difference in shaping the future of transport
- Member logo and stickers - use of the FTA member logo, vehicle and member roundal stickers
- Online Supplier Directory - free to all members of FTA, the directory is the ideal place to advertise your services
How will FTA represent my company’s best interests?
We represent and support the needs of the logistics industry at local, national and European level. Recent successes for our members include:
- FTA`s efforts as part of the FairFuelUK Campaign meant the cancellation of the planned fuel duty increase, saving operators £17,000 per vehicle over the year.
- Vehicle Excise Duty (VED) remaining the same for the last two years
- a 30 per cent reduction in the average number of Penalty Charge Notices (PCNs) issued in the City of Westminster
We also hold regional and modal Freight Councils, which are your opportunity to get involved in future policy decision-making.
Find out more about FTA's Freight Councils.
What types of membership are there?
We understand that your business is unique, which is why we tailor our membership solutions to suit you. Take a look at our different FTA membership types.
How do I get more information?
You can contact our Member Service Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org or 03717 11 22 22 to discuss the best membership option for you. Alternatively, find out how to join FTA or download our online membership forms.