Driver of the Year 2016
FTA is proud to announce the Driver of the Year 2016 competition following the success of the Van Excellence Driver of the Year 2014 and 2015.
Entry is open to FTA Members and Van Excellence accredited operators where participants will compete in various task in one of three days of contests.
The best of the best - limited places only
- Registration to apply for the Driver of the Year competition is free -
registration closes on 30 AprilNOW CLOSED
- FTA will verify each application and carry out licence checks and, where relevant, tachograph analysis.
- A shortlist of drivers who are eligible to enter the contest will be created where only 20 drivers will compete each day!
The driving competition
The skills and ability of the shortlisted drivers will be put to the test over a series of driving related exercises including manoeuvring, economical awareness, legislation and more. Every contestant will then be scored on each element of the task.
When and where?
- FTA Truck Driver of the Year (44 tonne) sponsored by Mercedes-Benz Trucks - 12 July
- FTA Truck Driver of the Year (18 tonne) sponsored by Bridgestone - 13 July
- Van Excellence Driver of the Year sponsored by Leaseplan - 14 July
Contests to be held at Mercedes-Benz, Wentworth Park, nr Barnsley.
The first placed winner in each contest will receive a £1,000 holiday voucher with second and third placed winners receiving an iPad and £250 Red Letter Day voucher respectively.
How to register
FTA members and Van Excellence accredited operators can register their drivers/themselves online following the link below. You will need the following to complete the registration form.
- Your FTA membership number
- Your/your driver's driving licence number for checking
- A statement on why you feel you/your driver should be Driver of the Year 2016 (up to 200 words)
For more information and to register for the:
Truck Driver of the Year (44 tonne) click here
Truck Driver of the Year (18 tonne) click here
Van Excellence Driver of the Year click here
Let the competition begin!
Also, take a look at the highlights for our Van Excellence Driver of the Year 2015!
For terms and conditions click here